'Tis I, Gaby. 1 score and 3 years in age. I spend half the time raving about things I love and the other half apologizing for talking too much.
Unless otherwise stated, everything here is mine, gifs included. Because I am the master of my
fate Internet and captain of my soul Tumblr.
Happy 21st to meeeeee.
Holy crap I’m 23.
Fun fact the organization my dad works for has a popular Tumblr account and once he had to run it for a few days (I showed him how) and now he’ll casually be like “we just hit 90,000 followers” and I feel like a silent movie star watching the young ingenue steal her spot during the advent of talkies.
The notion of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl is obviously super delicate- at what point does a character just exist to engage the interest of some boring straight guy?
That said, I’ve always felt like Holly Golightly (for me) falls on a side of the fence that makes her fascinating and heartbreaking. This is as much Audrey’s performance as it is the writing; you can just see her trying not to pretend how afraid she is and it’s poignant as fuck.
Also, the movie is essentially New York porn. There are just little things that you can either relate to or create an image of a New York you can understand and love just as much as you love Holly. Basically, everything is beautiful.
But fuck Mickey Rooney.
Totally not doing the second part of that because lazy.
1. I have lived in three different states
2. I have never owned a pet
3. I am allergic to penicillin
4. I was once sent to the principal’s office for refusing to talk to my gym teacher about my refusal to participate in square dancing in class
5. I double majored in theatre and journalism in college
6. I have a sweet tooth like it is nobody’s business
7. Some mornings I just wake up and miss Howard Ashman
8. I super wish I was fluent in Yiddish
9. I have a lifelong obsession with Audrey Hepburn that none of these Tumblr girls even approach
10. I’m kinda hungry even though I ate a lot today
Ohhhhh man on the subway home tonight I rode with Matt Harrington and he was memorizing his lines for Matilda and I tried not to stare too much and totally failed.